OPL at A Glance
It can be a challenge to explain the variety of ways we serve Ossining and strive to fulfill our mission but this information sheet does a pretty good job! Click the image below to learn more.
The Ossining Public Library is a School District Public Library chartered by the State of New York to serve all residents of the Ossining School District. As a member of the Westchester Library System, it also provides services to a larger community.
The Ossining Public Library enriches, connects, and inspires our community.
The Ossining Public Library will be the community’s center for lifelong learning.
The library is currently in the initial stages of creating our next Long Range Strategic Plan, and are excited to move forward on a plan for the library’s future which best reflects the wants and needs of the Ossining community.
Library staff, administration, members of the Board of Trustees, and Ossining residents have formed a committee, with consultant Michael T. Holmes of INSIGHTS4U Consulting, to create our next strategic plan.
Our Strategic Planning committee includes:
- Amanda Curley, Board of Trustees
- Althema Goodson, Board of Trustees
- Karen LaRocca-Fels, Library Director
- Marcela Levin, Community Member
- Ignayra Lopez, Head of Children’s Services
- Cecilia Quintero, Board of Trustees
- Molly Robbins, Library Assistant Director
- Guillermo Rodriguez, Adult Services
- Francine Vernon, Community Member
- Matthew Weiss, Board of Trustees
- Suzy Zavarella, Head of Teen Services
Click below to read the library’s most recent Long Range Strategic Plan. This document established the library’s vision, mission, and goals, and a plan for the library to follow in order to meet the objectives most important to the community.