An Update from the Friends
We hope you have all fared well during this pandemic. As NY is cautiously reopening, the Friends of the OPL are also cautiously resuming activities.
While we were prevented from in-person activities at the Library, the Friends’ Board was busy “behind the scenes.” The Library embarked on several facility projects paid with monies raised through past dues, donations, book sales and other fund-raising events. During this past year, the Friends provided funding for the following:
- Budarz Theater – new carpeting
- Robert Goodnough Painting – restoration
- Teen Room – refreshed with assorted new items
- Purchased outdoor table set
- Continued to meet the costs of the Page Scholarships, Museum Passes, and New Moms & Infants programs.
We are proud of our ability to supplement the Library’s improvements.
During the pandemic, some members generously continued to mail in new member and renewal dues and donations. We will now resume sending dues renewal notices. Your renewal membership date will become effective for one year upon receipt of payment.
Our much anticipated, well-attended book sales are our other primary source of funding. We will be able to schedule sales based on two circumstances:
- Working in the 5000: We are returning to on-site work on Tuesday, June 15 to begin assessing and organizing our current stock. For members who have helped in the past, be advised that you will be contacted by Bonnie to confirm the date, time and COVID requirements. For those of you interested in joining us, please respond to this message.
- Book donations: The Library recently installed a new boiler which has possibly reduced our storage space. Once we complete assessment of current stock, we will be able to resume collection of donations.
On a final note, there will be a vacancy on the Friends’ Board for the position of Vice President. Nomination and election for this position will be held at our Annual Meeting in January 2022. If you are a paid member and interested, you may express your interest by replying to this message.
We look forward to returning to full normalcy and seeing all of our “Friends” soon!
Best wishes from the Board of the Friends of the Ossining Public Library:
Dennis Neuberger, President
Barbara Henninger, Vice President
Bonnie Zitofsky, Secretary
Michele Tagg, Treasurer
Book and Media Donations
The Friends of the Library will begin accepting donations again on September 7, 2021.