The Summer Reading Program is back for 2020! While this years program may look a little different, we have planned some fun programs we’re sure you’re going to love. Everyone in AMD and OHS may participate in our program (6th graders, you have to pick between us and Children’s (but obviously you’ll pick the Teen program)). You’ll keep track of all the books you read and all the programs you attend and will get raffle tickets to put towards some awesome prizes! Let’s make summer 2020 the best!
Summer Reading on Paper
Our Summer Reading Program is as easy as ever! It’s simple; you get points for how much you read and for programs you attend. Here’s how it works:
- Read a magazine: 5 points
- Read a book 150 pages or less: 30 points
- Read a book 151-300 pages: 50 points
- Read a book 301-500 pages: 75 points
- Read a book over 500 pages: 100 points
- Attend a Teen Room program: 20 points
Every 50 points gets you a raffle ticket and a chance to win one of our great prizes!
Just fill out a A Summer Reading Log. Once you complete the entire sheet, return it to us at the library! We will have a box at Curbside Pickup for returned Reading Logs, or email a picture of your Reading Log to email@example.com,
Summer Reading Online
If you don’t want to use a paper Reading Log, you can use the READsquared website or app to keep track of how much you read. It’s the same idea as the traditional paper log, just on the computer. We will be available, by phone, to walk you through the setup process should questions arise.
Keep reading all summer long! The more you read, the more raffle tickets you will have entered in our prize drawing.
How to Get Started with READsquared
- Download the READsquared app, available free in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Install and search for Ossining Public Library, NY.
- OR, go to the READsquared website.
- Create a free account.
- First you’ll see prompts for information about you; just enter your age and choose the “Teen Summer Reading Program 2020” option for yourself.
- Login to READsquared and complete the missions.
- Call the library at 914-941-2416 ext. 336 if you have questions.