Fifty years ago today, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon. And on Wednesday, July 17, the Children’s Room celebrated the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Although this was way, way before any of our young patrons were born, they were extremely knowledgeable about the Apollo program and the first men to walk on the moon.
Our first activity was trivia, and these kids knew almost every answer!
Here’s a sample of the trivia questions. How many can you answer?*
- What was the first country to put a human into space?
- What is the Russian equivalent to an Astronaut?
- According to legend, what food product is the moon made from?
- During which phase does the moon appear to be shrinking?
- What Greek God were the US space missions named after?
After the trivia, we played Pin the Flag on the Moon.
Of course, we couldn’t celebrate the moon landing without learning about the phases of the moon. And what better way to do that than with Oreos?
If you’d like to see all the photos, click here.
- USSR (Russia)