The Friends of the Library is a group of dedicated volunteers who work to raise money to subsidize needs that are not met by the Library’s budget, from programs and promotional materials to services and facilities improvements.
The Board of the Friends is comprised of President Dennis Neuberger, Vice President Nancy Lutwin, Secretary Bonnie Zitofsky, and Treasurer Michele Tagg, and their work is complemented by the dozens of volunteers who sort through book donations, work book sales, and represent the Friends and the Library at community events.
Through Friends memberships and donations, the Friends have been able to support many library programs and initiatives. Over the last three years, the Friends have given the Library $68,350 in funding to support the Library’s mission. Their funding has paid for:
- The Library’s always-popular Museum Passes
- The New Parent & Infant Support Group
- Promotional materials including magnets, bookmarks, program prizes, and the Children’s Room early literacy tote bags
- Toys in the Children’s Room play area
- Scholarships for library pages awarded every year
- The Bob Minzesheimer Author Series visits
- Teen Room Carpets and display shelves
- Restoration of the Library’s Robert Goodnough painting
- An outdoor table
- New Carpeting in the Budarz Theater
There are several ways you can help the Friends of the Library do their important work.
You can become a Friend! Membership applications can be found on the library’s website, and start at $10. Your membership and donations are tax-deductible.
Volunteer! The Friends are always looking for volunteers to help them with book donations, work at book sales, and participate in community events such as the Village Fair. If you’d like to help, contact the Friends via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate! Donations to the Friends can be made via check and sent to the Library, c/o the Friends, at 53 Croton Avenue, Ossining NY 10562. The Friends also have a coin drop located at the Circulation Desk. Did you know that their most recent deposit from the coin drop will fund one month of the New Parent & Infant Support group?