Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the number of computers available and the process by which to use them has changed. Please read below for more details.
- The Ossining Library currently has very limited number of computers available for public use during browsing hours.
- Computers will be available to patrons for one (1) hour, per patron, per day. Staff will be unable to extend sessions to exceed one (1) hour.
- If all computers are in use on arrival to the library, please speak with a staff member at the Information Desk or Reference desk to get in line for the next available computer.
- CComputer reservations cannot be made for future dates.
- Computers will automatically shut off 10 minutes prior to closing. Please plan accordingly.
- Staff will not be providing in-person or individual technical assistance with the computers. If you require assistance with software or other computer-related tasks, please speak with a staff member to get information about digital learning resources.
- Cleaning supplies will be available for patrons to use before and after their computer session.
- Patrons who wish to reserve computers in the Teen Room or Children’s room should contact those departments for reservations and details.
- Children’s Room: 914-941-2416 ext. 338
- Teen Room: 914-941-2416 ext. 336
To log onto a public computer, you will need your library card number. If you don’t have your library card or do not know your number, library staff would be happy to look up your record for you with a valid photo ID. If you do not have a library card, please speak with a staff member.
Users of the library’s computer and internet must adhere to the Internet Acceptable Use Policy.